RKTPL offers Packet optical transport solutions that enable the transport of IP packets on both fixed and mobile optical networks. Our converged products include the functional switching capability of WDM wavelengths, Ethernet switching via various protocols, as well as TDM and OTN/ODU switching.
The technologies include a combination of optical networking products that operate separately or within a single converged platform called Packet Optical Transport System (POT-S) such as ROADMs, TDM, and Carrier Ethernet switching products. These platforms reside in the metro edge, metro core and the long haul networks of major service providers today.
RKTPL’s evolved portfolio of multi-vendor, carrier-grade, Packet Optical products, features the industry’s most widely deployed 200G+ solutions, using the leading Tier 1 technologies, to allow you to accelerate your service delivery without compromising efficiency, while future-proofing for inevitable bandwidth growth. In combination with the best in class, integrated, packet routing and switching, you can support your growing packet-based business services.
This technology is a logical evolution of discrete ROADM and MSPP-based networking that delivers large-scale deterministic Ethernet aggregation. Packet Optical Networking integrates Carrier Ethernet and SONET aggregation with ROADM-based WDM transport to deliver unprecedented infrastructure networking efficiency, eliminating unnecessary network elements and total cost.
Packet Optical Transport (POT) delivers the benefits of convergence to mission-critical networks. POT puts any combination layers 1 (optical, WDM), 2 (SONET, Ethernet) and 3 (IP, MPLS, TDM) into one box.
- WDM, including cutting-edge ROADM technologies
- Ethernet and MPLS switching support with the latest connection-oriented features
- Reliable SONET support of legacy services
- Cross-Connect between technologies to transparently support TDM to SONET migration
The result is reduced complexity and cost. PONP’s are characterized by modularity, hybrid switching fabrics, N degrees of transport and blade-based functionality.
- Reduced Complexity – multiple functions in one chassis reduces operational, port, power and space expenses
- Flexibility – Blade-based architecture enables layers 1, 2 and 3 in one box
- Technology Integration – a single OAM&P for end-to-end services
- TDM to Packet Migration – cross-connect fabric enables a transparent evolution
- Increased Reliability – consolidated functions eliminate points-of-failure, such as jumpers, and simplifies protection
Speak to one of our optical experts to find out more about the premier products that we sell and integrate.
For Further Information
Please Contact Us for more information.