RKTPL offers modular synchronization systems that provides accurate time and frequency outputs by disciplining a TCXO/OCXO/DOCXO/Rb/Cs/Masers.These systems offer the flexibility to choose the stability of clocks to be used based on the needs of the end applications.
Modular Synchronization systems
Base units include 10 MHz and 1PPS output signals, network port and choice of power, GPS reference, and internal oscillator options.
Add the features you need through options modules, up to 6 option modules per unit.
You may get any one or all of the following outputs from our optional modular cards of modular synchronization system
This modular synchronization system may be deployed as a Network Time Server that can serve more than 7,500 NTP requests per second. It includes all the latest functions of NTPv4. It can be deployed in combination of other stratum-1 NTP server(s) and can be expanded through option modules.
- NTP v2, v3, v4: Conforms with or exceeds RFC 1305 and 5905. Supports Unicast, Broadcast, Multicast, MD5 encryption, Peering, Stratum 2, Autokey
- SNTP v3, v4: Conforms with or exceeds RFC 1769, 2030,4330, and 5905
- Time (RFC 868)
- Daytime (RFC 867)
- IEEE-1588v2 (PTP) via option card(s)
- NTP over Anycast
- IPv4/IPv6: Dual stack
- DHCPv4/DHCPv6 (AUTOCONF)/SLAAC: Automatic IP address assignment
- Authentication: LDAP, RADIUS, TACACS+
- Syslog: Logging
- SNMP: Supports v1, v2c, and v3 (no auth/auth/priv) with
- Enterprise MIB
- HTTP: Browser-based configuration and monitoring
- Telnet: Remote configuration
- FTP Server: Access to files (logs, etc.)
- SMTP: Email
- Enable/Block Protocols
- Set SNMP community names and network access
- Password protected
- Standard encryption/authentication protocols
- SSL web-based interface: SSL is used to secure HTTPS protocol to access configuration and status web pages.
- SSH: SSL and data compression technologies provide a secure and efficient means to control, communicate with and transfer data to or from the time server remotely.
- SCP: Securely transfers files to and from the time server over an SSH session.
- SFTP: FTP replacement operates over an encrypted SSH transport
- SNMP v3: Remotely configure and manage over an encrypted connection
- Alert notifications via SNMP Traps and e-mail
- Connector: Type N, +5V to power active antenna
- Frequency: GPS L1 (1575.42 MHz), Galileo E1 (1575.42 MHz), GLONASS L1 (1602.0 MHz), BeiDou B1 (1561.1 MHz),QZSS L1 (1575.42 MHz); optional SAASM: GPS L1 & L2 (1227.6 MHz)
- Satellite tracking: 1 to 72, T-RAIM satellite error management
- Synchronization time: Cold start < 15 minutes (includes almanac download), warm start < 5 minutes (assumes almanac download)
- Antenna system: Sold separately
Time and Frequency Outputs
- 1PPS: TTL (5VP-P), into 50 ohm BNC
- 10 MHz: +13 dBm into 50 ohms, BNC (contact factory for performance specs)
- RJ-45, 10/100 Base-T
Serial Set-Up Interface
- RS-232 communications on DB-9 connector
- LED segments displays time
- Lockable keypad and configurable LCD display for network set-up
- Power/Status LEDs
- 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, ±10% or 100-120 VAC, 400 Hz, ±10% from IEC60320 connector; power cord included
- 12-17 VDC, -15% to +20% or 21-60 VDC, -15% to +20%, secure locking device
- Auto-failover in the case of AC and DC
- TCXO: 40 W normal (50 W start-up)
- OCXO: 40 W normal (50 W start-up)
- Rb: 50 W normal (80 W start-up)
- CE, UL, cUL, CSA, FCC part 15 class A, ROHS, WEEE
- Designed for EIA 19” rack. 16.75” W x 1.72” H (1U) x 14.33” D actual (425 mm W x 44 mm H x 364 mm D actual)
- Weight: 6.5 lbs. (2.95 kg) with Rubidium option; 6.0 lbs. (2.72 kg) without
- Rack mount hardware included (assembly required)
- Five-Year Limited Warranty**
- Oscillator for rubidium option is warranted for two years
- Extended warranty is available
- **The warranty period may be dependent on country
Select power, internal oscillator and GNSS reference options:
A base unit with AC power, OCXO internal oscillator, and GPS as the primary reference is Model Number 1200-013.
It comes with a 10/100 Base-T network port and 1 each 1PPS and 10 MHz output signals. Order option modules for additional input/output functions.
SS-OPT-SKY: Adds Skylight™ Indoor GPS Timing System
SS-OPT-BSH: GPS Jamming and Spoofing Detection
Up to 6 option modules can be accommodated per unit. See Option Module Card as below:
Option Module Cards
Add only the features you need by selecting option cards. Up to six cards can be accommodated per unit (SAASM units can accommodate up to four additional cards per unit).Order them as part of the original configuration, or add them to an installed unit to keep up the changing needs of your system. If you do not see a feature that you need, please contact us to discuss customizing a card.
Technical Specifications of modular cards outputs:
The 1 PPS option card is the ideal solution when 1 PPS distribution is necessary. Option cards that provide four (4) 1 PPS outputs are available with TTL, 10 V, RS-485 (terminal block), and Fiber Optic signal types, facilitating a variety of requirements for pulse per-second timing.
1204-18: Quad 1 PPS output module (TTL)
1204-19: Quad 1 PPS output module (10 V)
1204-21: Quad 1 PPS output module (RS-485 (terminal block))
1204-2B: Quad 1 PPS output module (Fiber Optic)
1204-28: 1 in/3 out 1 PPS module (TTL (BNC))
1204-2A: 1 in/2 out 1 PPS module (Fiber Optic)
1 PPS/Freq Input and 1 PPS Output
The 1 PPS/Freq Input and 1 PPS Output option card combines timing and frequency solutions on a single card. The option card includes one (1) 1 PPS input, one (1) 1 PPS output, and one (1) user selectable 1 to10 MHz sine wave Frequency input capable of handling a wide range of applications
- 1204-01: 1 PPS/freq input (TTL levels) module
- 1204-03: 1 PPS/freq input (RS-485 levels) module
Alarm Contact Outputs
The Model 1204-0F Relay option module card provides three (3) configurable relay outputs for the platform.
1204-0F: Alarm module
ASCII Time Code
The ASCII Time Code Module (RS-232) provides one RS-232 input interface and one RS-232 output interface for Asynchronous Serial signal including date and time information. The input and output Data Formats are selected among predefined formats.
1204-02: ASCII Time Code module (RS-232)
1204-04: ASCII Time Code module (RS-485)
Event Broadcast Output
The Event Broadcast Module (RS-232) provides a BNC connection for an Event Trigger Input and a RS-232 connector for an ASCII message output. When the defined signal edge is detected on the Event Input BNC Connector, an ASCII message is created containing the current time.
1204-23: Event broadcast module
Frequency Output (1, 5, 10 MHz)
The 1, 5, and 10 MHz option cards provide three (3) sine wave BNC outputs. These outputs are phased-locked to the waveforms with minimal distortion.
1204-26: 1 MHz output module (3 outputs)
1204-08: 5 MHz output module (3 outputs)
1204-1C: 10 MHz output module (3 outputs)
This option module card adds three (3) 10/100/1000 Base-T network interfaces in addition to the standard 10/100 Base-T network interface.
1204-06: Gigabit Ethernet module (3 ports)
The HaveQuick input/output option cards provide several user-selectable formats, including STANAG 4246 HaveQuick I, STANAG 4246 HaveQuick II, STANAG 4372 HaveQuick IIA, STANAG 4430 Extended HaveQuick, and ICD-GPS-060A HaveQuick. HaveQuick option module cards are available with one (1) HaveQuick input and three (3) HaveQuick outputs or four HaveQuick (4) outputs.
1204-10: HaveQuick output module (TTL)
1204-1B: HaveQuick output module (RS-485)
1204-29: 1 in/3 out HaveQuick module (TTL (BNC))
Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
The 1Gb Precision Time Protocol (PTP) option module card supports PTP Version 2, as specified in the IEEE 1588-2008 standard. PTP v2 is provided to the SecureSync in the 1Gb card via an SFP port (master only) supporting copper and fiber optic media.
1204-32: 1Gb PTP module
The IRIG Input/Output modules provide with a variety of IRIG input and output configurations. The IRIG input can be used as the system’s primary synchronization reference or as an additional backup to other primary references such as GPS, Precision Time Protocol (PTP), and Network Time Protocol (NTP).
1204-05: IRIG module, BNC (1 input, 2 outputs)
1204-27: IRIG module, Fiber Optic (1 input, 2 outputs)
1204-15: IRIG module, BNC (4 outputs)
1204-1E: IRIG module, Fiber Optic (4 outputs)
1204-22: IRIG module, RS-485 (4 outputs)
Square Wave (TTL) Output
The Square Wave TTL Output option module card provides four (4) programmable outputs for the platform.
1204-17: Square Wave (TTL) output module
These cards are compliant to several STANAG specifications for time and frequency typically required for reliable operation and security of radio networks. Version support STANAG as a reference or as an output. Galvanic isolation is supported on specific versions.
1204-1D: STANAG input module
1204-11: STANAG output module
1204-24: STANAG isolated input module
1204-25: STANAG isolated output module
STL and Other Signals
The alternate signals card adds the ability tto use encrypted satellite signals as an input reference. Such satellite signals are suitable for use indoors.
1204-3E: STL and other signals module
The T1 / E1 Output option card provides one (1) user selectable 1.544 MHz or 2.048 MHz frequency output and two (2) E1 or T1 data rate outputs. When installed with the optional Rubidium oscillator, the system meets G.812 Type I. The unit is compliant to G.811 when installed with a Rubidium oscillator option and synchronized with GPS.
1204-09: T1-1.544 (75 ohm) or E1-2.048 (75 ohm) module
1204-0A: T1-1.544 (100 ohm) or E1-2.048 (120 ohm) module
Programmable Frequency Output
The Programmable Frequency Output option module provides four (4) independently programmable frequency synthesizers that provide square wave pulses or sine wave frequencies from 1 PPS (Hz) to 25 MPPS (MHz) in 0.1 PPS(Hz) steps, with the output frequency locked to the SecureSync system disciplined oscillator.Outputs are available in three different formats: RS485 square wave on a pluggable terminal block, TTL Square wave on BNC, or Sine Wave on BNC. This option module can be used for a variety of requirements for programmable frequency outputs. The RS485 model of the programmable frequency output option card can be operated as an N.8 frequency synthesizer. Each output can be phase offset between 0-360 degrees in 0.1 degree steps.
1204-13: Programmable Frequency Output Module (Sine Wave)
1204-2F: Programmable Frequency Output Module (TTL)
1204-30: Programmable Frequency Output Module (RS-485)
Most of the set-up and monitoring of the time server is via web browser interface. It is highly interactive, with real-time status indicators and graphs to monitor and analyze trends.Its responsive design is mobile device friendly. Multi-language support is available.
Ready to learn more? Contact us to find the right module cards and configurations for your network time server needs.