Schools are obliged to provide a safe haven for children so they can focus on their studies. Parents are as concerned about the safety measures a school has in place as they are about the level of education they expect the school to impart on their child. One way schools can ensure protection for their students is by setting up a fleet tracking system or a Bus GPS tracking system.
How does the GPS School Bus Tracking System Work?
- A high end GPS system is installed in the school vehicle
- All the signals from the vehicle are routed to an integrated central server for real time monitoring
- Information from the server can be transmitted via SMS alerts and mails, or can be checked on the web or using mobile apps
What are the features of School Bus GPS Tracking System?
- The parent is informed of the estimated time of arrival of their child’s bus before it reaches the stop before/after school.
- Parents can track the location of the bus in real time using the tracking app.
- Parents without smart phones can use the ‘know your bus’ feature to receive a text message which informs them of the current whereabouts of their child’s bus.
- In case there is a traffic jam, natural calamity or any other problem, an SMS is immediately dispatched to the parent informing the reason for delay
Benefits of GPS Tracking for School Buses:
The advantages of using GPS tracking systems in school buses are plenty. The most important benefit is the peace of mind it provides parents as they are continually updated of their child’s whereabouts. School management will have access to detailed reports such as distance moved by each vehicle, time of arrival at each stop etc which can prove to be invaluable. The transport manager can review routes to ensure that the drivers are sticking to planned routes and isn’t missing any stops. The transport manager is also informed via alerts if the drivers over-speed or if the vehicle has been in an accident. Know more...