- 2.5G GSM Voice, SMS & GPRS BTS + UE + Backhaul replication in Lab
- 400MHz to 3400MHz Software Configurable Radio Transceiver for
Quad band GSM operation
- Low power for FCC compliant license free safe operation
- No recurring cost of software or licenses
- ASIC Architecture: combines LNA, PA driver, RX/TX Mixers, RX/TX Filters, Synthesizers, RX Gain control, TX power control
- +5dBm Transmit power & -120dBm Sensitivity Receiver
- FPGA programmable transmission and reception for low latency
- Supports both TDD & FDD Full Duplex as per 3GPP standards
- Calibrated +0.1ppm TCXO frequency reference
This is ideal for lab use and ideal for universities,testing labs. It allows to replicate small 2.5G GSM (Voice + GPRS)cellular network and start making calls in less than an hour. It allows youto connect a standard GSM mobile phone directly with VOIP networks as SIP endpoint to call PSTN landline or mobile phone on other networks in other locations using a software based GSM BTS . The lab is complete with base transceiver station, multiband cellular phones, backhaul radio.Base station controller (BSC) functions and operations/maintenance(O&M) and network management system (NMS) functions for controlling the base stations with software provided for exceptional value &performance.A multiband software configurable radio performs the function of BTS which facilitates wireless communication between User Equipment UE or GSM cellular phones in this case. Users can bring their own devices or the android phones provided with special apps that allow calculation of ARFCN, measurement of RF signal level of BTS for call handover handoff study and various other experiments. Users can roam about in lab environment while connected on a voice call inside and outside the cell radius of BTS.The system is based on a reconfigurable RF/FPGA/ARM hardware platform as Um air interface and a BTS software which implements the lower three layers of GSM protocol stack.
The system replaces the conventional GSM operator core infrastructure with inbuilt BSC and radio resource management function. Multiple
systems can share a common VOIP soft switch or PBX to form larger networks.ASIC houses complete RF and DAQ subsystems on a single board. It hosts onboard RF Transceiver subsystems capable of tuning frequencies from 400MHz to 3.4GHz.
Area & scope of Experiments:
- Introduction of mobile communication equipment BTS, BSC & UE.
- To measure the spectral distribution of GSM frequencies at given location and find a free channel.
- To configure the BTS software to set Mobile country code, Network operator code, GSM band and ARFCN channel.
- To configure the BTS Software to enable open/limited registration.
- To assign a phone number to each registered phone.
- To enable call logging of subscribers on BTS.
- To get and set your IMSI.
- To configure the asterisk communication server for IP PBX and VOIP gateway.
- To register phone to the BTS network.
- To transmit and receive an SMS using BTS.
- To list the TMSI of the phones registered on network.
- To establish a voice phone call as echo on mobile phone using BTS.
- To establish a voice phone call to another cellular phone using BTS.
- To establish a voice phone call to another cellular phone using
- To establish a voice phone call to another cellular phone on different network/country using BTS and VOIP gateway
- To establish roaming between BTS and UE.
- To capture GSM packets using Wire shark.
- To establish a data communication link using GPRS.
- To study hard & soft call handoff.
And many more.