RK Telesystem provides everything needed to enhance the value and utility of designs, speed time to market and build and deploy IoT connected devices.Embedded inside modern electronic systems and equipment, our IoT building block solutions deliver secure network connectivity, application hosting, protocol conversion and many other functions.
If you are working on IoT project, you are here at right place. We are one stop shop for IoT needs and providing training alongwith end-to-end solutions offering.
Four things form basic building blocks of IoT system –sensors, processors, gateways, applications. Each of these nodes has to have their own characteristics in order to form an useful IoT system.
Simplified block diagram of the basic building blocks of the IoT
These form the front end of the IoT devices. These are the so called “Things” of the system. Their main purpose is to collect data from its surrounding (sensors) or give out data to its surrounding (actuators).
These have to be uniquely identifiable devices with a unique IP address so that they can be easily identifiable over a large network.
These have to be active in nature which means that they should be able to collect real time data. These can either work on their own (autonomous in nature) or can be made to work by the user depending on their needs (user controlled).
Examples of sensors are: gas sensor, water quality sensor, moisture sensor etc.
We offer below all types of sensors:Processors:
Processors are the brain of the IoT system. Their main function is to process the data captured by the sensors and process them so as to extract the valuable data from the enormous amount of raw data collected. In a word, we can say that it gives intelligence to the data.
Processors mostly work on real-time basis and can be easily controlled by applications. These are also responsible for securing the data – that is performing encryption and decryption of data.
Embedded hardware devices, microcontroller etc are the ones that process the data because they have processors attached to it.
We offer various types of processors as per project need.
System on Module (SoM) Single Board Computers
Gateways are responsible for routing the processed data and send it to proper locations for its (data) proper utilization.
In other words, we can say that gateway helps in to and fro communication of the data. It provides network connectivity to the data. Network connectivity is essential for any IoT system to communicate.
LAN, WAN, PAN etc are examples of network gateways. We offer various types of gateways as per your project need.
Connectivity + Enterprise Security + Data Management
Our portfolio of M2M and IoT Gateways includes a wide range of solutions designed to deliver secure connectivity for virtually any electronic device. From medical devices to industrial machinery, RK Telesystem provides OEMs and system integrators with secure enterprise-class solutions that IoT-enable existing devices without the need for product redesign.
A next generation IoT device gateway that allows you to connect your business-critical assets and data securely to your enterprise network. Its advanced turnkey design provides everything you need for secure wireless connectivity.
- Easily configure and connect to the enterprise network, out-of-the-box
- Unique Device ID feature allows you to make your device visible to authorized users
- Linux SDK and Python runtime services allow quick development and deployment of custom apps
- Experience the industrial design quality and reliability
- Wi-Fi® Alliance and USB Certification
Ethernet and Wi-Fi Application Server
- Increased wireless speed, improved reliability and extended transmission range with dualband 802.11n
- Lantronix SmartRoam technology provides seamless mobile connectivity and improved reliability
- Enterprise-level security options including AES, SSL, SSH and EAP for data encryption and authentication
- Simple device set-up, configuration and monitoring with powerful, industry-standard management tools (Web, CLI, XML), Lantronix DeviceInstaller, QuickConnect, and WPS support
3.5G Intelligent Gateway and Application Server
- Penta-band UMTS/HSPA+ (global coverage)
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- Ethernet-to-Cellular Failover/Failback
- Ethernet-to-Cellular Routing
- Serial-to-Cellular Tunneling
- Serial-to-Ethernet Tunneling
- SMS – Shoulder Tap, Relay Control, Event Notification, SMS Tunneling*
- Lantronix Device Server Application Suite
- 1 10/100 Port, 2 Serial Ports, 2 Digital Inputs, 1 Relay Output, 1 USB Port
- Industrial Grade Design
- 5-Year Limited Warranty
GSM/GPRS Application Server
- Dual connectivity offers flexibility and redundancy
- Provide network connectivity to virtually any device with a serial port
- Simple device set-up, configuration and monitoring with powerful, industry-standard management tools (Web, CLI, XML)
- Serial Interface
- Modes: Software selectable RS-232/422/485
- Software selectable RS-485 termination
- Standard and customizable serial data rates from 300 to 921 Kbps
- Characters: 7 or 8 data bits
- Parity: Odd, Even, None
- Stop Bits: 1 or 2
- Modem Control Signals: CTS, RTS, DTR/DCD
- Flow Control: XON/XOFF (software), CTS/RTS (hardware)
- 2 x DB9M (DTE)
- Per port: 15 KV ESD Protection
- USB Mass Storage Device Support
- Connection: Sensors/Events
- Voltage acceptance: 0 to 30 VDC
- Digital input event: User Configurable Action
- Optical/Magnetic/Capacitive Isolation: 1.5 KV
- Software: Turn Relay Output ON and OFF
- Automatic Event Trigger: ON or OFF (Possible events include loss of Ethernet link, loss of cellular link, digital input event)
- Relay Output Response: User Configurable
- Support 1A @24 V
- 2 x USB Type A Host Connectors
- USB 2.0
- 2 x Digital Input
- 1 x Relay Out
- 10BaseT and 100Base-TX Link (auto sensing full and half duplex support)
- RJ-45 Connector with LEDs (indicating mode of operation and activity)
- 1.5 KV Surge Isolation
- Quad-band: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Multislot Class 12 (MS-12)
- Transfer Rates – Up to 85.6 Kbps (downlink), Up to 42.8 Kbps (uplink)
- SMS: Send and Receive
- Outbound SMS: Up to 5 Numbers
- Inbound SMS: Control Relay Status
- 1 x SIM Slot (under screwed down cover plate)
- Antenna: 2dBi, 50 Ohm, SMA Connector
Applications form another end of an IoT system. Applications are essential for proper utilization of all the data collected.These cloud based applications which are responsible for rendering effective meaning to the data collected. Applications are controlled by users and are delivery point of particular services.Examples of applications are: home automation apps, security systems, industrial control hub etc.
In Figure , the extreme right block forms the application end of the IoT system.
Figure : Basic building blocks of IoT
In a nutshell, from the figure we can determine that the information gathered by the sensing node (end node) is processed first then via connectivity it reaches the embedded processing nodes that can be any embedded hardware devices and are processed there as well. It then passes through the connectivity nodes again and reaches the remote cloud-based processing that can be any software and are sent to the application node for the proper applied usage of the data collected and also for data analysis via big data.
HOW IoT WORKS
How the IoT works is quite simple.
First, it acquires information with respect to basic resources (names, addresses and so on) and related attributes of objects by means of automatic identification and perception technologies such as RFID, wireless sensor and satellite positioning, in other words the sensors, RFID tags and all other uniquely identifiable objects or “things” acquire real-time information (data) with the virtue of a central hub like smartphones.
Second, by virtue of many kinds of communications technologies, it integrates object-related information into the information network and realizes the intelligent indexing and integration of the information related to masses of objects by resorting to fundamental resource services (similar to the resolution, addressing and discovery of the internet).
Finally, utilizing intelligent computing technologies such as cloud computing, fuzzy recognition, data mining and semantic analysis, it analyzes and processes the information related to masses of objects so as to eventually realize intelligent decision and control in the physical world.
Let’s have a discussion about your IoT project so that we can offer best solutions as per your IoT needs.