Our developer is an award-winning, world-leading developer of embedded signal processing and RF modules, and LTE PHY/stack software, for 4G and 5G mobile network and related applications.
Our products and technology are used in the most demanding real time signal processing, test and control applications, in areas including wireless base band, private and specialized networks, satellite communications, radar and electronic warfare.
We design the latest DSP, FPGA and RF technologies into compact, powerful, and reliable products, and combine them with our industry-leading LTE software. Our developer has vast experience in LTE, especially around adapting the standards for novel application areas. We are highly flexible and work closely with our key customers to meet their technical needs and to support them through development into volume production.
Our developer has a broad range of hardware, based around the latest Texas Instruments DSP SoCs and Xilinx FPGAs, as well as RF interface cards. Our products include high performance processing cards in the AMC form factor, including integrated, flexible, wide band RF transceiver channels. We also offer a high performance ARM, DSP and FPGA based processing module in the compact OpenVPX form factor, suitable for harsh environments.
Since the 2015 acquisition of SDR pioneer MIMOon GmbH, our developer offers market leading LTE eNodeB and UE physical layer and protocol stack software solutions to LTE product developers. The software is available for licensing independently or as an integrated software/hardware board level solution.
A low-cost, high performing LTE eNodeB card based on TCI6630K2L SoC with 2×2 RF.
The AMC-K2L-RF2 is a low cost, high performance ARM and DSPbased processing card which includes two integrated RF transceiver channels, all in the compact Advanced Mezzanine Card (AMC) form factor. The card is highly flexible and can be used as a complete baseband and RF small cell solution.
- Texas Instruments TCI6630K2L SoC DSP
- TI AFE7500 RF front end
- Low cost, flexible card for small cells or as RRH
- 2 RF channels, covering frequencies from 700MHz to 4GHz
- Can be used standalone or in larger MicroTCA system
- Flexible, high bandwidth I/O via Ethernet, CPRI and PCIe
It is designed to support wireless baseband processing and a 2×2 MIMO air interface in radio test systems and eNodeBs, for standard or specialised LTE and LTE-Advanced systems up to and beyond Release 10.
The module’s main processor is the TCI6630K2L KeyStone II DSP/ARM SoC. It includes four C66x+ DSP cores, as well as two ARM Cortex™-A15 cores for higher layer processing. A TI AFE7500 analog front end provides flexible, high quality RF capabilities.
To discuss this product in more detail, please connect with our via Live Chat or Contact Us to know more.
A highly integrated AdvancedMC card based on TCI6638 and TMS320C6678 DSP SoCs plus a large Xilinx Kintex-7 FPGA and 2×2 or 4×4 RF
- Texas Instruments TCI6638 SoC DSP
- Two Texas Instruments TMS320C6678 SoC DSPs
- Each DSP has 8 cores – 24 DSP cores in total
- Two or four RF channels, each supporting FDD or TDD 662MHz – 3.84GHz
- 20Gbps Gen2 RapidIO to AMC.4 compliant backplane
- 3x SFP+ to FPGA, up to 10.3 Gbaud
- Gigabit Ethernet interface
- Integrated GPS receiver
- Double width, full-size AMC card
The AMC-D24A4-RF2/RF4 is an extremely high performance ARM, DSP and FPGA based processing card which includes two or four integrated, flexible, wideband RF transceiver channels.
The module is aimed at LTE, LTE Advanced and 5G systems that require MIMO technologies and enables complete RF to Layer 3 wireless basestation functionality to be implemented on a single AdvancedMC card.
The module’s main processor is the TCI6638 KeyStone II DSP/ARM SoC. It includes eight C66x+ DSP cores, as well as four ARM Cortex™-A15 cores for higher layer processing. The module also has two TMS320C6678 octal C66x core DSPs. All processors are closely coupled via TI’s Hyperlink interface and the Ethernet infrastructure of the card with Serial RapidIO (SRIO) backplane connectivity providing inter-card connectivity. There is also a large Kintex-7 FPGA for additional co-processing and to manage the RF interfaces.
A version with no RF channels, the AMC-D24A4, is also available.
To discuss this product in more detail, Work With Us
Complete LTE Physical Layer for small cells on SDR, DSP and ASIC platforms
SmallCellPHY is available in two variants – a Reference Chain and for Texas Instruments’ Small Cell SoCs. The Reference Chain is based on a modular architecture and flexible interfaces to enable fast porting and easy adaptation to specific system modules. Since the LTE standard is defined for a large range of system capabilities, the software has been made highly configurable. This enables tailoring of the required features and efficient utilization of the available hardware resources; reduction of the required resources will minimize the bill of materials for the end device.
- 3GPP Releases 8, 9 and 10 Compliant LTE PHY Reference Chain and for SoCs
- Entirely software defined delivering and enabling flexibility and scalability
- Number of supported users scalable and depending on hardware platform
- Optimized for low memory, processing power, and power consumption
- Innovative algorithms such as advanced schedulers
- Comprehensive and configurable debug infrastructure
- Available integrated on CommAgility hardware
- Test environment support
- Femto Forum API (FFAPI) Compliant
SmallCellPHY-TI is the industry leading LTE PHY used and proven by Tier 1 equipment vendors. Tailored to the Keystone I and Keystone II SoC architecture, it delivers maximum performance and is supported by a team of LTE experts. RK Telesystem’s team can modify the PHY and Stack for customer’s specific application requirements.
The design benefits from the strong experience of CommAgility in high performance algorithms for multi-antenna systems, enabling efficient spectrum usage and maximal data throughput within the system. This means among other features, 64QAM modulation at highest data rates, and all MIMO modes such as SISO, SM, and SFBC.
SmallCellPHY-TI Rel. 9 is available for Texas Instruments’ TCI6614, TCI6630 and TCI6636/8 eNodeB SoCs. 3GPP Rel. 10 is available for TCI6636/8 and TCI6630 SoCs. The SmallCellPHY-TI is integrated and validated on AMC-D24A4-RF2/RF4and AMC-K2L-RF2 boards, including Rel. 10.
Complete LTE Protocol Stack for small cell products
SmallCellSTACK provides a complete LTE Protocol Stack that is portable to almost any baseband chip and operating system. It is designed in ANSI C for flexibility and scalability, and is easy to customize and upgrade. It has been pre-integrated with the SmallCellPHY on selected platforms to deliver the complete core LTE RAN software proven with hardware.
- 3GPP Releases 8, 9 and 10 small cell feature set
- Portable and proven on multiple hardware platforms
- Advanced multi-threaded architecture for partitioning across multiple cores for maximum performance
- 3GPP compliant LTE MAC, RLC, PDCP, RRC, S1AP, X2AP, GTP-U, SCTP, RRM and ANR modules
- Configurable for low memory footprint
- Round-robin scheduler provided, with advanced proportional fair scheduler SmallCellAdvancedScheduler available optionally
- Support of trace collection, trace compression and trace group activation throughout all layers
- ASN.1 library from Objective Systems
SmallCellSTACK is optimised for low memory, processing power, and power consumption, and is scalable for different size small cells (32 RRC connected users and up). It provides innovative algorithms such as advanced schedulers for enhanced spectrum efficiency.
A comprehensive and configurable debug infrastructure helps accelerate time-to-market and minimise risk.
SmallCellSTACK Rel. 9 and 10 are supported on AMC-D24A4-RF2/RF4 (TI’s 6636/8 SoCs) and on the AMC-K2L-RF2 (TI 6630 SoC).
LTE PHY and Stack software for UE (User Equipment) on SDR, DSP and ASIC platforms
RK Telesystem’s mobile software products are based on a modular architecture and flexible interfaces to enable fast migration and easy adaptation to the customer architecture.
Since the LTE standard is defined for a large range of system capabilities, the software has been made highly configurable. This enables tailoring of the required features and efficient utilization of the available hardware resources, as well as reduction of the required resources, which minimises the bill of materials for the end device.
- MobilePHY 3GPP: Releases 8 and 9 FDD and TDD fully compliant LTE PHY as a generic C code reference chain
- MobilePHY-TI implements the reference chain on Texas Instruments’ wireless SoCs (TCI6614, TCI6630, TCI6636)
- MobileSTACK: a portable LTE Releases 8 and 9 Protocol Stack
- Entirely software defined, delivering complete flexibility and scalability
- Innovative algorithms such as advanced MIMO detectors
- Comprehensive and configurable debug infrastructure
- Pre-certified through leading test partners
- Quick time-to-market and low risk turnkey solution
The software is compliant with 3GPP Releases 8 and 9 and supports the most useful features. The design benefits from the strong experience of rktelesystem in high performance algorithms for multi-antenna systems, enabling efficient spectrum usage and maximal data throughput within the system.
All user equipment categories are supported. This means among other features, 64QAM modulation at highest data rates, and all MIMO modes such as SISO, SM, and SFBC.
Small Cell Advanced Scheduler
Femto Forum compliant configurable scheduler
The high-efficiency, environment-aware Small Cell Advanced Scheduler (formerly called Small Cell SPECTRUM) is designed to optimize air interface performance without the need for coordination over the X2 interface. This enables a fast (per 1ms TTI) response on any change in interference or channel conditions.
- Frequency selective scheduling
- QoS Support
- MIMO Support
- Link adaptation
- MAC multiplexing
- Scheduling of HARQ transmissions
- UE class support
- Semi-persistent scheduling
The scheduler employs scanning the radio environment, by listening to UE transmissions in the small cell’s neighbourhood, using the sniffer to detect neighbouring eNBs, and listening to the neighbour-list reports from UEs in its vicinity. The ability to detect victim-UEs enables the scheduler to reduce interference by taking this information into account.
The configurability of our scheduler enables our customers to optimize the behaviour of the scheduler for specific usage scenarios. Twenty-two system performance KPIs are available for performance evaluation and scheduler behaviour control.
Our active participation in the Femto Forum and 3GPP has enabled us to address the critical interference scenarios they have identified. The scheduler is fully compliant with the Femto Forum API for air interface scheduling. It runs on LTESmallCellSTACK software product, as well as any other vendor’s LTE eNB STACK supporting the Femto Forum Scheduler / NMM APIs.
To discuss this product in more detail, please Work With Us