UPPSC PCS 2018
UP PCS 2018 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) releases the notification for the various vacancies in Provincial Civil services (PCS). Candidates, who want to start their career as civil servants, can apply for UP PSC PCS examination. Every year UP PCS examination is held for the posts of civil, servants. Through this examination, candidates will be appointed in various departments under the state government of Uttar Pradesh. UP PCS 2018 Prelims exam will be scheduled to held in the month of June 2018 (tentative) and for UP PCS 2018 Main will be conducted in the month of November 2018. Candidates are advised to fill their application form prior due dates.
Important Dates (Tentative)
|Name of the events of the PCS 2018 Exam||Prelims||Mains|
|Publication of official notification||February 2018||August 2018|
|Closing date to submit application forms||March 2018||September 2018|
|Issue of the admit card||May 2018||October 2018|
|UP PCS 2018 Written Examination||24th June 2018||November 2018|
|Results declaration||July 2018||December/January 2019|
- Candidates must be the citizen of India.
- The age of the candidates must lie between 21 years – 40 years.
- Domicile of Uttar Pradesh is required.
- Candidates must hold the bachelor degree of 3yrs from a recognized university.
- Candidates from any stream background will be eligible to apply for the examination.
- Upper age relaxation will be provided to the reserved candidates.
UP PCS 2018 Exam Pattern
UP PCS is divided into three categories
Note- Candidates who qualify the preliminary exam will be eligible to give examination form UP PCS 2018 Mains
Exam Pattern (Preliminary)
- The UP PCS 2018 Preliminary examination will constitute of two question papers.
- The question paper will be of the objective in nature.
- There will be negative marking i.e. 1/4thmarks will be deducted for every wrong response Preliminary examination.
|Name of the Question Paper||Number of questions||Total marks||Total time|
|CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)||80||200 (2.5 marks for each question)||2 Hours|
|General Study||100||200 (2 marks for each question)||2 Hours|
Exam Pattern (Mains)
- UP PCS 2018 Mains will constitute of 8 question papers.
- The 1st and the 2nd question paper will be of General studies.
- There will be 4 question papers of the two optional subjects which candidates have to choose from the list of subjects given in the official notification.
- Candidates will have to write 3 essays in the question paper of the essay writing.
- There will be the question paper of Hindi language too.
- Candidates need to qualify the question paper of the English language as well.
- All the mains question paper will be descriptive in nature.
There is no as such specific pattern and syllabus of the interview. Candidates must be aware of their surroundings, state and should have a good knowledge about contemporary issues. Candidate should be communicative during interview and must keep their views openly before the interview board.
UP PCS 2018 Admit Card
- The admit card will be available on the official portal of the commission via online mode.
- Candidates can download the UP PCS 2018 Admit card from the official portal. The admit card will contain all the details about the examination, date, and venue of the examination, the reporting time etc.
- It will be necessary for the applicants to take admit card at the examination venue otherwise you will not be permitted to give the examination.
UP PCS 2018 Syllabus
PAPER – I General Studies-I (200 marks); Duration: 2hrs
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World geography – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- General Issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity, and Climate Change- that do not require subject spec
- Indian Polity and governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights issues etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development Poverty Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General Science
PAPER- II General Studies-II (200 marks); Duration: 2 hrs
- General English upto Class X level.
- General Hindi upto Class X level.
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
- Decision making and problem solving.
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level- Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, and Statistics.
Current events of national and international importance: – candidates should have a good knowledge about Current Events of National and International importance,
History of India and Indian National Movement: – In the Indian National Movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of nature and character of the freedom movement.In History emphasis should be on broad understanding economic, social and political aspects of Indian history( growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence).
Indian and world Geography: – Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World involves World Geography only general understanding related to the Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India.
Indian Polity and Governance:- Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc:- In Indian Polity, candidate economic and culture, questions will be tested, country’s political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development and some special features of Economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
Economic and Social Development: – Poverty, Inclusion, Sustainable Development, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc:- The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between Population, Urbanization and Environment. General issues on Environmental ecology, Climate Change & Bio-diversity –which do not require subject specialization. Only General awareness of the subject will be required and expected from the candidates.
General Science: – Will cover general appreciation and understanding of Science including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person, who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Number systems: Natural Numbers, Integers, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of integers and their interrelationship Rational and irrational numbers, Real numbers, Divisors of an Integer, prime integers etc.
- Ratio and proportion
- Profit and Loss
- Speed, Time and Distance
- Simple and Compound interests
- Work and Time.
- Factors of polynomials, L.C.M. and H.C.F. of polynomials and their interrelationship, simultaneous linear equations, quadratic equations & Remainder theorem.
- Set Theory: Set null set, subsets and proper subsets of a set, operations (Union, Intersections, difference, symmetric difference) between sets, Venn diagram.
- Constructions and theorems, rectangle, square, trapezium and circles, their perimeter and area, regarding triangle
- Volume and surface area of sphere, right circular cylinder, right circular Cone and Cube.
Statistics:- Collection of data, Classification of data, tabulation, cumulative frequency frequency, frequency distribution.Representation of data – Measures of Central tendency: Arithmetic mean, Median and Mode, Pie chart, Bar diagram, histogram, frequency polygon, comulative frequency curves (ogives)
GENERAL ENGLISH (UPTO CLASS X LEVEL)
- Active Voice and Passive Voice.
- Parts of Speech.
- Vocabulary & usage.
- Idioms and Phrases.
- Transformation of Sentences.
- Direct and Indirect Speech.
- Punctuation and Spellings.
- Words Meanings.
- Fill in the Blanks.
सामान्य हिंदी (हाईस्कूल स्तर तक) के पाठ्यक्रम में सम्मिलित किए जाने वाले विषय
- हिंदी वर्णमाला, विराम चिन्ह
- शब्द रचना, वाक्य रचना, अर्थ,
- संधि, समास,
- विलोम शब्द,
- अनेकार्थी शब्द,
- पर्यायवाची शब्द
- मुहावरे एवं लोकोक्तियाँ
- तत्सम एवं तद्भव, देशज, विदेशी (शब्द भंडार)
- हिंदी भाषा के प्रयोग में होने वाली अशुद्धियाँ
- उ.प्र. की मुख्य बोलियाँ
UP PCS Cut Off Previous Years
|Executive Category Cutoff marks Category wise|
|Horizontal Category Cutoff Marks|
|PWD PH PBLD||224||184||202|
|PH PDEF / DEAF||239||165||175|
|P OA OL BA||279||261||250|
|Ex Service Man||263||235||255|
|Agriculture||Designated officer||Senior LecturerSC 277 , ST 234 , OBC 267 , , Female 246|
|Horizontal Category Cutoff Marks|
|Pwd PH OA OL||183|
|PH OA OL||160||District Probation OfficerGeneral 282 , SC 239 , OBC 282 , One Leg 201 , Female 274|
|Female General OBC||160||209|
|Female SC /ST||129|
|PH One arm One leg Both Arm||261||HorticultureGeneral 237, OBC 237 , Female 200|
|District Administrative officer|
|PWD PH one Arm||224||Sub RegistrarGeneral 289, SC 241 , OBC 278 , Female 255|
UP PCS 2018 Result
- Result of preliminary examination will get disclosed after the commencement of the examination.
- After qualifying the preliminary examination, candidates will be eligible to apply and appear in the UP PCS 2018 Main examination.
- Candidates will get the final result of the Main examination (written) and interview.
- The result will publish on the official portal of UP PSC.
Online Coaching for UPPSC PCS 2018
We are happy to announce the beginning of Online UP PCS 2018 Classes through our virtual classroom software. our simple motive behind the initiation of this class is to provide you authentic & relevant material with guidance to each candidate who cant afford regular IAS/PCS Coaching.we will evaluate your performance by regular basis tests. We can assure you that this course will be like a panacea for those students who cannot afford the hefty amount of coaching classes. The duration of the entire online course is till UP PCS 2018 Exam 2018.
What candidate will get:
All the relevant and required materials of subjects mention in the UP PCS Syllabus :
- Online Classed and guidance Covered with 100% UP PCS Exam Syllabus
- Online Study Materials
- Online Test Series
- Previous Years Papers Discussions
- Mock Tests
- One to one discssion
We will send Login-ID and Password via Email to access all above classes and study materials.