RK Telesystem provide the ability to access voice services using mobile handsets over a private GSM network. With RK Telesystem , the mobile phone can be the handset of choice for financial and practical reasons by replicating a cellular network in software and inter-operating with IP/SIP devices and applications.
RK Telesystem’s Private GSM Network can be deployed into areas where network integration and infrastructure costs would otherwise be prohibitive or into areas of high mobile usage with poor or no GSM network coverage, such as warehouses or in-building areas with signal disruption. The solution is ideal at temporary locations, such as in the construction and outdoor events industries. In areas where voice privacy is an issue, RK Telesystem’s Private GSM Network can be implemented as localised islands of communication with the inherent security of GSM.
RK Telesystem’s Private GSM Network creates a self contained, privately owned and managed mobile network based on standard GSM protocols. The solution comprises both hardware and software components. The components are:
- Base transceiver station (BTS) mobile phone access points
- Base station controller (BSC) to manage the BTSs
- Private GSM software run on industry standard servers
A Pico cell (BTS) connected to a local IP network delivers signal over low powered GSM. RK Telesystem’s Private GSM Network can be deployed using a local server or as a hosted service delivering a Private Mobile Extension.
Private GSM for business communications
Increase in-building coverage using mobile handsets operating as PBX extensions also increases the ability to contact employees, reduces time to respond to customer and colleague queries, and provides a platform for quicker decision-making. RK Telesystem’s Private GSM Network also gives enterprises the ability to control and monitor and the potential to decrease mobile spend selectively.
RK Telesystem’s Private GSM Network enables mobile phones to become part of the internal telephony infrastructure while near the workplace. Users are able to access the same services and features using a fixed extension on the corporate PBX or on their mobile phone. RK Telesystem’s Private GSM Network can be implemented either by replacement of the PBX or by integration with the existing PBX infrastructure.
Use of applications on the mobile phone can be simplified using Mobile Office software which provides a menu-based interface to conferencing, call recording and call transfer and delivers this functionality to mobile handsets even when roaming.
Features and benefits:
- Allows mobile phones to operate as PBX extensions while on-site
- Corporate phone bills are reduced
- Ease of use of devices
- Consistent telephony user interface, irrespective of device, network or location
- High level of customer service from improved staff contact
- Business continuity as the PMN continues to operate when the macro network is unavailable
- Fixed Mobile Convergence with 2G and 2.5G handsets
- PMX is built on industry standards, protecting investment with its ability to accommodate future developments
Private GSM for in-building communications
Many organisations benefit from a mobile, yet fully contactable, workforce and RK Telesystem’s Private GSM Network has been designed to fulfil this requirement, providing in-building/on-campus communications.
RK Telesystem’s Private GSM Network can extend or replace the current PBX infrastructure, providing an effective alternative to cumbersome Digital Enhanced Cordless Telecommunications (DECT) and Private Mobile Radio (PMR) installations used today.
Standard GSM mobile phones, including ruggedized handsets, connect users together on a secure, private network without incurring mobile phone call charges. Voice quality is high, as expected, on an industry standard-based GSM network, and support for PTT, SMS and GPRS is available.
Using one or more base stations RK Telesystem’s Private GSM Network registered mobile handsets are able to communicate with each other in a localised GSM ‘island’. RK Telesystem’s Private GSM Network provides cost effective utilisation of standard mobile phones and the improvement of in-building coverage.
To ensure network security only registered handsets can be connected. Pico cell base stations provide the interface between the handset and the private network. Callers roam anywhere within the coverage area with call control being seamlessly handled between base stations. RK Telesystem’s Private GSM Network can integrate alarm and notification systems.
Our cost benefits include:
- Zero call costs when in range and at landline rates when passed through local PBX
- Automatic switchover when in range ensures cost control
- Cost-effective alternative to DECT, PMR or WiFi technology
- Control of call and messaging costs between mobiles in the office
Our productivity benefits include:
- Allows mobile phones to operate as PBX extensions while in range
- Support for feature-rich PBX applications on the mobile
- Business-critical continuity maintained when the macro network is not available
- Low powered spectrum extends mobile battery life
- Effective range of up to 900m radius (outdoor) with excellent voice quality
- External analogue PSTN/SIP connectivity provides uplink / backhaul choice and flexibility
- Prevents issues of network congestion and loss
- Immune to interference from WiFi or video senders
Our compatability benefits include:
- One device, one number PBX applications – convergence without compromise
- Extensive handset choice