The RK Telesystem’s Portable GSM Network System is a compact, portable, low power 3GPP compliant complete GSM Network in a Box.
The RK Telesystem’s Portable GSM Network System “brings your own portable cellular system solution” delivering voice , data, and SMS over a 1-8 km cell capable of supporting any standard GSM mobile device.
It combines the Mobile Switching Center (MSC), Base Station Controller (BSC), and Base Transceiver Station (BTS) in a single compact enclosure. The Portable GSM Network System also includes solar panels and a battery backup.
The Portable GSM Network System is designed for rapid deployment in applications such as disaster recovery. It will operate as a standalone system, with its integrated core services network, and can connect to backhaul over any standard IP based network for wide connectivity. It is low power and has a low logistics footprint. It is rapidly deployable, man portable, can be vehicle mounted, or statically deployed in fixed or temporary locations.
Portable GSM Solar Powered Site
Portable GSM Network-in a Box
The Portable GSM Network System is designed to support four frequency bands 850MHz, 900MHz, 1800MHz, and 1900MHz. It includes two TRXs that supports 2 x 5W or 1 x 10W configurations. The Portable GSM Network System supports voice data, and SMS. It supports all standard speech codecs GSM-FR/HR, AMR-FR/HR, and EFR and allows for 30/15 concurrent callers.
The Portable GSM Network System provides a solution that integrates the MSC, BSC, and BTS. into a portable, compact and lightweight system. It is designed to be carried in a portable case to disaster recovery areas and the overall weight of the product is around 30Kg. The system can be powered through grid or off-grid and the solution includes both AC source and solar panels with a battery backup. The Portable GSM Network System is low power and consumes 65W of power during operation.
The system is passively cooled during operation and is designed to operate from -20°C to +55°C, and humidity up to 95%. It is enclosed in an IP-67 rated portable case.
- Compact, light, low power ETSI/3GPP compliant GSM solution
- Integrated MSC, BSC, and BTS
- Integrated solar panels and battery backup
- One touch auto configuration for operation of the BTS, BSC, and MSC
- Configuration interface to pre-provision SIMs
- Allows mobile phones, from different operators, within range to connect and use the local network
- Automatic shutdown of integrated BSC and MSC when connected with an external MSC
- Dual TRX capacity
- TX output power can be configured for 2 x 37 dBm or 1 x 40 dBm
- Static RX sensitivity to -110 dBm
- 850, 900, 1800, or 1900 MHz band
- AMR-FR, AMR-HR, FR, EFR
- GPRS CS 1-4, EDGE MCS 1-9
- GPRS/EDGE Multislot classes 1-12
- Uplink power control
- 30 Concurrent calls (TCH/H on 15 timeslots)
- AC/ Solar power input
- Optional RJ45 for WAN connectivity
- Two N-type female GSM antenna
- Power Input
- AC Power
- Solar Panel
- Output – 24V
- Sealed lead acid battery
- Input voltage range +/- 10%
- Input noise/ripple < 2%
- Power consumption < 80Watts
Physical and Environmental
- Weight < 100 Lbs
- Dust and water protection IP-67
- Operating range -20°C to +55°C
- Storage range -40°C to +75°C
- Operating humidity up to 95%
Where it Works
Portal GSM Network System is a complete voice and data solution that helps mobile operators reach rural & remote markets profitably.It is completely solar powered and optimized for remote locations, Islands and at sea.Mobile operators can build profitable businesses serving low- ARPU users.Our offered GSM technology is commercially deployed worldwide and we may share references if needed.
- Rural Communities
- Remote Islands
- Mines,Tunnels and Oil &Gas Rigs
- Private GSM Networks for Enterprises
- Mobile Communications at Sea
- Private GSM for Railways
- Private GSM for Ships, Islands, Construction & Mining sites
- Private GSM for Disaster-hit Areas
- Private GM for Defence, Paramilitary and Tactical
- M2M Communications